🍁 New Roles
This email goes out to 1,703 South Asian legal professionals.
The Indie Guide To Building Your Legal Network
Part of the mission of Pani Cooler is to help South Asian lawyers create a powerful network of any legal professionals. I attribute any success I've had with my career to the relationships I've developed and grown. The principles developed over a decade and hundreds of meetings with lawyers are now the framework of The Indie Guide to Building Your Legal Network.
Here's what some Pani Cooler subscribers had to say about The Indie Guide:
Amisha Patel, Senior Associate, Dechert LLP: "Your writing is clear and concise, and I like how you weave in personal anecdotes and stories from others. You also outline a very clear action plan. Even as someone not in the law school setting, I found this extremely valuable in thinking about ways to reinforce many of the lessons that needed reinforcing on how to present well in strengthening and nurturing my network."
Neha Shah, Labor Relations, California State University: "I wanted to let you know that I've finally completed your networking guide and I thought it was fantastic. You provide great advice on not only creating relationships, but also on nurturing them. Your writing is clear and easy to follow and I appreciated the personal touch you added with examples of your own successes. This is a great guide for attorneys (and law students) at all levels of their career."
Amit Kulkarni, Patent Counsel, Knobbe Martens: "The suggestions given in Khurram’s book completely changed my perspective about approaching strangers, especially established attorneys. Not only did I realize that I too had a lot to offer, but I also realized that I wasn’t on a temporary need-based journey. Rather, I was embarking on a long-term relationship-building approach. Like Khurram says, you already have the “human capital,” but it’s your “social capital” that’ll open doors and pay off in the long run."
Pick up your copy on Gumroad or Amazon.
The mission of Pani Cooler is to build direct connections between South Asian lawyers. A key part of that is getting South Asian lawyers hired and promoted. The below roles include direct contact information for your colleagues. Reach out to these lawyers in a manner consistent with the goals of building community on this platform. Apply for any roles listed on the website, as available.
- Prashanth Jayachandran: Prashanth is Chief Supply Chain Counsel at Colgate-Palmolive. Prashanth's team is looking for a Commercial Counsel. Reach out to Prashanth at[subscribers only]
- Bharath Venkat: Bharath is AVP, Privacy and Legal at Wunderkind. Bharath's team is looking for an Associate Corporate Counsel. Reach out to Bharath at [subscribers only]
- Akaash Gupta: Akaash is Deputy General Counsel at VSCO. Akaash's team is looking for a Commercial Counsel. Reach out to Akaash at [subscribers only]
- Nitin Shah: Nitin is Director & Associate General Counsel, Global Regulatory Affairs and Compliance at Shopify. Nitin's team is looking for an Associate General Counsel, Financial Regulatory (Remote, Americas). Reach out to Nitin at [subscribers only]
- Syeda Maghrabi: Syeda is Senior Associate General Counsel at Amtrak. Syeda's team is looking for an Associate General Counsel - Labor/Employment Law. Reach out to Syeda at [subscribers only]
- Anik Sood: Anik is Assistant General Counsel at 1WorldSync. Anik's team is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel. Reach out to Anik at [subscribers only]
- Sheikh Shaghaf: Sheikh is Vice President & Assistant General Counsel at Informa. Sheikh's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Sheikh at [subscribers only]
- Legal Counsel, Taylor & Francis Group - Americas
- Employment Counsel, Americas
- Corporate Counsel
- Sumit Shah: Sumit is Associate General Counsel at Meta. Sumit's team is looking for a Lead Counsel, Privacy Data Life Cycle. Reach out to Sumit at [subscribers only]
- Sonny Carpenter: Sonny is Associate General Counsel, Privacy at Meta. Sonny's team is looking for a Lead Counsel, Privacy (Youth). Reach out to Sonny at [subscribers only]
- Nisha Ramachandran: Nisha is General Counsel at Signifyd. Nisha's team is looking for a Commercial Counsel. Reach out to Nisha at [subscribers only]
- Brian Amit Ray: Brian is Director, Senior Counsel at Astranis Space Technologies. Brian's team is looking for a Regulatory and Compliance Counsel. Reach out to Brian at [subscribers only]
- Greg Gautam: Greg is the Co-Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Snell & Wilmer LLP. Greg’s team is actively seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to join the firm’s administrative team in one of its United States based offices. Reach out to Greg [subscribers only]
- Thomas Mathew: Thomas is Director, Intellectual Property at InterVenn Biosciences. Thomas's team is looking for a Manager, Legal Contracts. Reach out to Thomas at [subscribers only]
- Kavya Mohankumar: Kavya is Vice President and Associate General Counsel at Newsela. Kavya's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Kavya at [subscribers only]
- Contract Manager
- Privacy Manager
- Sachin Bansal: Sachin is Chief Business & Legal Officer at SecurityScorecard. Sachin's team is looking for a VP and GM, Public Sector. Reach out to Sachin at [subscribers only]
- Rekha Nair: Rekha is Executive Director at Phoenix Legal Action Network. Rekha's team is looking for a Lead Immigration Attorney. Reach out to Rekha at [subscribers only]
- Madiha Zuberi: Madiha is Enforcement Attorney at SEC’s San Francisco Regional Office, Division of Enforcement. The SEC is looking for a General Attorney. Reach out to Madiha at[subscribers only]
- Batool Raza: Batool is General Counsel at Boston Public Health Commission. Batool's team is looking for a Associate Labor and Employment Counsel. Reach out to Batool at [subscribers only]
- Hiral Mehta: Hiral is Deputy Chief at U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York. The U.S. Attorney's Office is looking for an Assistant U. S. Attorney. Reach out to Hiral at [subscribers only]
- Emilie Ninan: Emilie is a partner at Ballard Spahr. Emilie's team is looking for a Finance Associate (with Real Estate Concentration). Reach out to Emilie at [subscribers only]
- Maulin Vidwans: Maulin is a partner at Ballard Spahr. Maulin's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Maulin at v[subscribers only]
- Commercial Finance or Real Estate Finance Entry Level Associate
- Commercial Finance Associate.
- Harsh Parikh: Harsh is a partner at Nixon Peabody LLP. Harsh's team is looking for a Senior Health Care Transactions Associate. Reech out to Harsh at [subscribers only]
- Shanti Katona: Shanti is a member at Polsinelli and Vice Chair of Polsinelli’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice. Shanti is looking for attorneys with 2+ years of substantive Chapter 11 and bankruptcy litigation experience. This position can be based in our Wilmington, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta or Los Angeles office. Reach out to Shanti at [subscribers only]
- Ajay Mago: Ajay is managing partner at Edwards Maxson Mago & Macaulay, LLP. Ajay's team is looking for mid-level and senior attorneys to join the firm’s Bankruptcy, Technology Transactions, Commercial Contracts, Corporate – Private Equity and M&A, Corporate – Venture Capital and Emerging Companies, and Banking and Finance practice groups. The positions can be remote anywhere in the U.S. or hybrid in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, and New York. Reach out to Ajay at [subscribers only]