This email goes out to 1,681 South Asian legal professionals.
Pani Cooler Turns Two
Pani Cooler is now 2 years old. 2 years ago, I asked 117 of you if you had any roles for South Asian law students, who had been knocked around by the market and needed a leg up. Several of you contributed roles. I sent an email and asked people to spread the word. It spread, and now 1,681 of you are part of this.
The core insight is unchanged: take our small but powerful community, create a clearinghouse for economic opportunities, and watch it grow. It starts with jobs. But it's ultimately about every component of our professional well-being and growth.
Here's to another 2 years.
Pani Cooler Testimonials
To measure the impact this newsletter is having for South Asian lawyers, I'm collecting information that will be helpful to understanding what's working.
If you have:
- interviewed a candidate from Pani Cooler
- made a connection with someone you found in Pani Cooler
- interviewed for a role you found in Pani Cooler
then please hit reply and share what worked for you. I'll use those lessons to improve the newsletter.
Pani Cooler Referrals
Pani Cooler is expanding. If you're looking for outside counsel or to refer a matter, you can add any matters to Pani Cooler. Just hit reply and share the details.
The mission of Pani Cooler is to build direct connections between South Asian lawyers. A key part of that is getting South Asian lawyers hired and promoted. The below roles include direct contact information for your colleagues. Reach out to these lawyers in a manner consistent with the goals of building community on this platform. Apply for any roles listed on the website, as available.
- Akaash Gupta: Akaash is Deputy General Counsel at VSCO. Akaash's team is looking for a Commercial Counsel. Reach out to Akaash at [subscribers only].
- Fayzan Bakhtiar: Fayzan is Senior Commercial Counsel at Atlassian. Fayzan's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Fayzan at [subscribers only].
- Senior Commercial Counsel - Sales (Americas East and Central)
- Senior Commercial Counsel - Sales (Americas West and APAC)
- Nitin Shah: Nitin is Director & Associate General Counsel, Global Regulatory Affairs and Compliance at Shopify. Nitin's team is looking for an Associate General Counsel, Financial Regulatory (Remote, Americas). Reach out to Nitin at [subscribers only].
- Syeda Maghrabi: Syeda is Senior Associate General Counsel at Amtrak. Syeda's team is looking for an Associate General Counsel - Labor/Employment Law. Reach out to Syeda at [subscribers only].
- Anik Sood: Anik is Assistant General Counsel at 1WorldSync. Anik's team is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel. Reach out to Anik at [subscribers only].
- Sheikh Shaghaf: Sheikh is Vice President & Assistant General Counsel at Informa. Sheikh's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Sheikh at [subscribers only].
- Legal Counsel, Taylor & Francis Group - Americas
- Employment Counsel, Americas
- Corporate Counsel
- Sumit Shah: Sumit is Associate General Counsel at Meta. Sumit's team is looking for a Lead Counsel, Privacy Data Life Cycle. Reach out to Sumit at [subscribers only]
- Sonny Carpenter: Sonny is Associate General Counsel, Privacy at Meta. Sonny's team is looking for a Lead Counsel, Privacy (Youth). Reach out to Sonny at [subscribers only]
- Nisha Ramachandran: Nisha is General Counsel at Signifyd. Nisha's team is looking for a Commercial Counsel. Reach out to Nisha at [subscribers only]
- Brian Amit Ray: Brian is Director, Senior Counsel at Astranis Space Technologies. Brian's team is looking for a Regulatory and Compliance Counsel. Reach out to Brian at [subscribers only]
- Mita Lakhia: Mita is Senior Data Privacy Counsel at Lion Re:Sources, A Publicis Groupe Company. Mita's team is looking for a North American Data Privacy Attorney. Reach out to Mita at [subscribers only]
- Greg Gautam: Greg is the Co-Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Snell & Wilmer LLP. Greg’s team is actively seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to join the firm’s administrative team in one of its United States based offices. Reach out to Greg [subscribers only]
- Anuja Purohit: Anuja is SVP and Deputy General Counsel at RTI International. Anuja's team is looking for a Director, Ethics. Reach out to Anuja at [subscribers only]
- Thomas Mathew: Thomas is Director, Intellectual Property at InterVenn Biosciences. Thomas's team is looking for a Manager, Legal Contracts. Reach out to Thomas at [subscribers only]
- Kavya Mohankumar: Kavya is Vice President and Associate General Counsel at Newsela. Kavya's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Kavya at [subscribers only]:
- Contract Manager
- Privacy Manager
- Sachin Bansal: Sachin is Chief Business & Legal Officer at SecurityScorecard. Sachin's team is looking for a VP and GM, Public Sector. Reach out to Sachin at [subscribers only]
- Batool Raza: Batool is General Counsel at Boston Public Health Commission. Batool's team is looking for a Associate Labor and Employment Counsel. Reach out to Batool at [subscribers only]
- Hiral Mehta: Hiral is Deputy Chief at U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York. The U.S. Attorney's Office is looking for an Assistant U. S. Attorney. Reach out to Hiral at [subscribers only]
- Emilie Ninan: Emilie is a partner at Ballard Spahr. Emilie's team is looking for a Finance Associate (with Real Estate Concentration). Reach out to Emilie at [subscribers only]
- Maulin Vidwans: Maulin is a partner at Ballard Spahr. Maulin's team is looking for the roles below, reach out to Maulin at [subscribers only]
- Commercial Finance or Real Estate Finance Entry Level Associate
- Commercial Finance Associate.
- Harsh Parikh: Harsh is a partner at Nixon Peabody LLP. Harsh's team is looking for a Senior Health Care Transactions Associate. Reech out to Harsh at [subscribers only]
- Nikhil Gore: Nikhil is a partner at Covington & Burling LLP. Nikhil's team is looking for a financial services regulatory associate, mid- or senior-level. Preference for D.C. but we also have offices in New York and the Bay Area that could work for this role. Reach out to Nikhil at [subscribers only]
- Shanti Katona: Shanti is a member at Polsinelli and Vice Chair of Polsinelli’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice. Shanti is looking for attorneys with 2+ years of substantive Chapter 11 and bankruptcy litigation experience. This position can be based in our Wilmington, Dallas, Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta or Los Angeles office. Reach out to Shanti at [subscribers only]
- Ajay Mago: Ajay is managing partner at Edwards Maxson Mago & Macaulay, LLP. Ajay's team is looking for mid-level and senior attorneys to join the firm’s Technology Transactions, Commercial Contracts, Corporate – Private Equity and M&A, Corporate – Venture Capital and Emerging Companies, and Banking and Finance practice groups. The positions can be remote anywhere in the U.S. or hybrid in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, and New York. Reach out to Ajay at [subscribers only]